From everyone here at Advantage Dentists, we would like to wish you a Happy Halloween and a Spooktacular Fall Season! Although we ask you to use moderation, please remember that no matter how many treats you guzzle this season, large or small, it’s always important to keep your tooth brushing consistent and effective. To help you, we have listed ten of our favorite tricks to treat your teeth well this year.
– Brush for 2 minutes, at least twice daily.
– Brush your teeth at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
– Gently move the brush in small strokes.
– Visit your dentist every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
– Eat a well-balanced diet consisting of all five food groups, and limit between-meal snacks.
– Turn the brush vertically, to clean the front teeth.
– Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and to keep your breath fresh.
– Make sure to brush the outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of each tooth.
– Follow the proper steps to caring for your toothbrush.
– Clean your teeth daily with floss. Tooth decay can still occur in areas that a toothbrush cannot reach.
For more tip-top techniques to keep a healthy smile this year, call us at 281-829-5000, or stop by for a visit at our office in Katy, Texas. We are dying to see you!