If your child’s teeth are badly decayed, Dr. Sula and Associates can provide dental crowns made of stainless steel or porcelain to help restore the function of their teeth and prevent further damage from occurring. These treatments help the baby teeth remain in the mouth until they can fall out naturally, which helps the permanent teeth to erupt properly. To learn more about stainless steel and porcelain dental crowns in Katy and Humble, Texas, and to make your child’s appointment with our skilled dentists, please contact Advantage Dentists at 832-DENTIST.
When baby teeth experience extensive cavities or infection, a dental filling may not be enough. For this reason, our dentists off stainless steel and porcelain dental crowns to restore the tooth and help your child enjoy a healthy smile. Crowns may also be recommended if your child has received a pulpotomy, or baby root canal.
Benefits of crowns for children include:
- Full-coverage protection for the tooth
- Very little sensitivity following treatment
- Reduced risk of needing retreatment
- More successful than fillings, especially in children younger than 4
- Work well with space maintainers – in fact, crowns are often used as an attachment to space maintainers
For more information about porcelain and stainless steel dental crowns and how they can benefit your child, please contact our office today.