Have you ever wondered what the treatments for a toothache are? Toothaches are infections within a tooth to the nerve endings in the pulp. If the pulp is permanently damaged it may need to be removed. Fortunately, teeth can be saved even if severe infection and damage has occurred. The excitement of a better smile awaits with toothache treatments. The key to understanding toothaches includes the following:
– Aches are felt even after using over-the-counter medications, and severe pain continues for longer than 24 hours after a tooth has been pulled.
– You experience swelling in your face or have a fever which may be the result of a toothache.
– High fevers or chills that cannot be treated with medication and facial rashes that cannot be easily explained continue.
– Impairment to your TMJs has occurred.
– Signs of discharge can be seen or felt around a tooth.
– In many cases, a toothache can occur if a tooth has been forcibly knocked out due to an accident or blunt trauma.
If you are ready to take the next step to achieve a glorious smile with toothache treatments, set an appointment with Advantage Dentists at our dentist office in Katy, Texas. Dr. Sula and the rest of our team can be reached at 281-829-5000. Visit us today, and enjoy the season with a smile!