Do you know any effective cavity prevention tips? Cavities are the result of destruction to your tooth enamel to the point that a hole has formed in a tooth. Although your tooth enamel is a very strong protective layer of your teeth, it can be penetrated by plaque buildup and harmful acids. If a cavity manifests, your tooth’s pulp can become vulnerable to infection and decay. If left unchecked, tooth loss can occur. Listed below are a few common tips to help you protect your teeth against cavities:
– Avoid foods and drinks that are sticky and chewy, as they can linger around your smile long after consumption and can continue to damage your teeth and gums.
– Always schedule regular exams and professional cleanings at your dentist so that they can check your smile for cavities.
– Cavities can happen at any time, so remember to brush and floss daily for the entirety of your life.
– Try using supplementary dental cleaners after mealtime, such as mouthwash.
– Be wary of sugars and acidic foods and stick to a balanced healthy diet including foods that have a high water content.
– If you need to choose a toothbrush and dental floss, use products that are recommended by your dentist or feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
If you suffer from a cavity, contact Advantage Dentists at 281-829-5000. To schedule an oral examination with Dr. Sula and our team at our dentist office in Katy, Texas, please contact us at your earliest convenience. It’s never too late to start taking steps to a healthier you.